Kandidaten rijschoolinstructeur Kandidaten rijschoolinstructeur
Opleiding rijschoolinstructeur SANDERUS 2009

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Spurs, but their lack of

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Kandidaten rijschoolinstructeur -> Autotechniek
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
vv1122365

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-01-2019 03:50:34    Onderwerp: Spurs, but their lack of Reageren met citaat

The first time I saw Anthony Calvillo in person I was lined up 15 yards away from him on a scorching hot field in Las Vegas, Nevada. The year was 1994, and Calvillo was a rookie starter for the Las Vegas Posse, playing against Saskatchewan in the first home game of what would be the Posses one and only season in the Canadian Football League. It is a game that will forever be remembered for the singing of our national anthem when, "O Canada", sounded like, "O Christmas Tree", however, it was also the second game of Calvillos career. It would be a career that would last for 20 years, would include a total of 365 games including playoffs and Grey Cups, and would culminate in Calvillo becoming pro footballs all-time leading passer. The old saying that reads, "you cant judge a book by its cover," couldnt have been more true when it came to my first impression of AC. We had limited information on the team, or Calvillo, it was early in the season and, he was a rookie, so there wasnt much film to watch. I tried to spend as much time as I could watching him in warm up, and I have to say I wasnt all that impressed. I knew he had played under Jim Zorn at Utah State, but he was undersized, bordering on skinny, and had a weird looking throwing style. I have to admit, I envisioned a lopsided win for the visiting team that day, that is until we kicked it off, and Calvillo started chucking the football around like he was playing in the playground on a Sunday afternoon with his brothers in La Puente, California. There is always a cat and mouse game that goes on between the free safety and a quarterback in football, and even though I was playing in my 11th year in the CFL, it didnt take long for AC to start making me feel like the mouse. The Posse won that night by a score of 32-22 and I would never underestimate the ability of Anthony Calvillo again. Not as an opponent, or an analyst covering his illustrious career for the last 19 years. Calvillos numbers and records are staggering - most passing yards, 79,816. Most touchdown passes, 455. Most 300-yard passing games, 125. Most 4000+ yard passing seasons, 11. Those are just a few of the records Calvillo holds, but he is also the leading passer in Grey Cup games, starting in eight of them, and winning on three occasions. And he has won more games as a starter than any quarterback in CFL history. Of the 277 games that AC started he won 167. Damon Allen is second on that list, winning 162. They are numbers and records that in some cases look unreachable. But as mind-numbing as they are, what is more impressive is how he achieved them. To see an in-depth look at the challenges that AC has had to overcome in his life, and his career, look no further than the documentary from the series Engraved On A Nation, called The Kid From La Puente. In it AC and his family talk about his personal and professional struggles and how he has constantly had to overcome adversity on and off the football field. Once you see it and understand the mountain that he has had to climb and then compare that to how Calvillo has carried himself, I think you will agree that while he is one of the games all-time best pocket passers, it is his strength of character that makes him great. Through his tough childhood, through fights with cancer, through his humble beginnings professionally, Calvillo has always carried himself with class and integrity. After viewing the documentary again on Monday night I couldnt help but think that most people facing that level of adversity would want to lash out at the world, and become bitter and angry. Or worse, to quit and walk away. Not Number 13, who has played 16 of his 20 years in Montreal. Calvillo has never complained about the hand he was dealt, he just somehow has always found a way to turn it into a winning hand. Over the next few days football fans will talk about his quick release, his ability to anticipate, his passing accuracy, and all of those astronomical numbers. We will discuss his leadership skills and his championships. The focus will be on AC the quarterback, however, personally, I will be thinking of Calvillo, the person. I include myself in a long list of people that have been inspired by his humility through success, and his perseverance through challenges. Later in that 1994 CFL season when the Posse made their one and only trip to Saskatchewan, I got a chance to meet Anthony when he attended a post-game function at my home with some of his teammates. The outcome of the game that night was different than back in Game 2 of the season, and the year had been a tough one for the Posse. And yet even though there was rumours that the team would be folding, I knew I would be seeing a lot more of Anthony Calvillo. In a conversation I had with him that night, he talked about how much he appreciated the opportunity that Canada and the CFL had provided him, and how hard he was going to work to try and stay in the league and improve. I had no idea at the time that I was talking to the player that would eventually become pro footballs all-time leading passer, but there was just something about Calvillos quiet determination that made me think I hadnt seen the last of this quarterback. Congratulations Anthony to you and your family as you walk away from the game on top of the mountain. From up close as an opponent on that hot night in Las Vegas, until your retirement on Tuesday it has been a pleasure watching you throughout this journey. Most will remember the passing yards and the wins, but I will remember the strength of character and class that you have shown every step of the way. Pat McAfee Jersey . Three pitches later, he was hugging Mike Napoli at home plate after his teammates winning home run. Napoli and Ortiz hit consecutive homers with one out in the 10th inning and the Boston Red Sox rallied past Minnesota 2-1 Wednesday, sending the Twins to their fifth straight loss. Marlon Mack Jersey . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. http://www.coltsfansshop.com/Colts-Quincy-Wilson-Draft-Jersey/ . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Clayton Geathers Jersey . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. Reggie Wayne Jersey . According to the Red Wings Twitter feed, Zetterberg plans to practice with the team on Thursday and is aiming for a second round comeback.SALT LAKE CITY -- Tony Parker scored 14 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter to rally the San Antonio Spurs to a 91-82 win over the Utah Jazz on Friday night. Boris Diaw scored a season-high 17 points and Tim Duncan added 14 to help the Spurs run their winning streak to seven in a game that matched the team with the best record in the Western Conference against the team with worst mark in the league. The Jazz took a 67-60 lead into the fourth quarter, but the Spurs started doing what they do best -- driving the lane for layups or hitting the spot-up shooters in the short corners. Derrick Favors had 20 points and 18 rebounds for Utah, which led by as many 15 points early in the game. Gordon Hayward added 15 points and Richard Jefferson had 14. Danny Green hit two 3-pointers, Diaw hit another and Parker converted a three-point play in the first two minutes of the final period to give the Spurs their first lead since the opening quarter. Although it was San Antonios fifth game in seven nights, the Spurs were stronger down the stretch. The Jazz were flying all over the court but couldnt hit their shots (7 for 25 on field goals in the fourth quarter) while the Spurs let Parker go to work penetrating, passing and scoring. Parker hit a free throw to give the Spurs an 83-75 lead with 4:38 remaining and the Jazz never got closer. Utah outrebounded San Antonio 50-43 aand had 20 second-chance points to two for the Spurs, but their lack of accuracy led to yet another loss.dddddddddddd The Jazz shot 38.5 per cent in the game. After Utah jetted to a 29-14 lead after one quarter, Diaw scored 10 points to draw the Spurs within 40-37 in the second. Alec Burks, who has played almost exclusively at the 2-guard, started at the point and got into foul trouble guarding Parker and finished with 12 points. The Jazz were the last team in the league to get its first win when they defeated New Orleans 111-105 Wednesday, but the fourth-quarter touch they enjoyed in that one was not apparent Friday. Utah is the worst shooting team in the NBA. Duncan was averaging 7.0 points on 5-of-27 shooting in his last three games, but played a season-high 34 minutes against Utah and had nine rebounds and three blocked shots. San Antonio allows fewer than 90 points per game and became extra stingy, continually denying Jazz forays to the hoop at the end. NOTES: After Duncan was rejected by Favours on one play and then aggressively defended by the Utah forward on another in the first half, he vehemently complained to official Scott Wall and received a technical foul. . Marvin Williams had his nose broken when Duncan accidentally smacked him in the first half and then wore a goggle mask for much of the second half. . The Spurs had 22 fast-break points to 10 for Utah. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Kandidaten rijschoolinstructeur -> Autotechniek Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: